- Emergency Lighting Design & Maintenance 1 Day (You must have completed and passed E/M Basic)
Emergency Lighting Design & Maintenance 1 Day (You must have completed and passed E/M Basic)
This part of BS 5266 gives recommendations and guidance on the factors that need to be considered in the design, installation, Maintenance and wiring of electrical emergency escape lighting systems to provide the lighting performance needed for safe movement of people in the event of the supply to normal lighting failing.
The course will entail:-
- Providing guidance on the application and practice of emergency lighting. It highlights that risk assessments are needed for all premises. Also that the risk assessment identifies the risk to people entering a premises and that the measures the assessor is required to take include the provision of safe means of escape taking into account the needs of people with disabilities including visual impairment.
- Covering high risk task lighting to provide illumination for the safety of people involved in potentially dangerous processes or situations, to enable proper shut-down procedures for the safety of the operator and other occupants of the premises.
- Providing guidance on the implementation of requirements and solutions, particularly on suitability and energy usage.
- Providing guidance on election and planning the scheme of required equipment.
- Including reference to development of new system types.
- Including guidance on illumination of external 'open balcony' approaches to flats/maisonettes within blocks.
- Including guidance on illumination of swimming areas within swimming pools.
- Adding guidance on the installation process, testing and commissioning.
- Completion of Installation, design, maintenance and handover paperwork
This is a full 1 Day Course and you MUST HAVE COMPLETED EMERGENCY LIGHTING BASICS BEFORE ATTENDING THIS COURSE